Lecturer - Department of Animal and Wildlife Sciences
Faculty of natural and agricultural sciences
Department of animal and wildlife sciences
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- The presentation of lectures to undergraduate as well as postgraduate students in the Animal Science modules;
- Supervision of postgraduate students at Master’s level;
- Contributing to the institutional research theme on Animal Anatomy and Production Physiology.
- MSc (Agric) in Animal Science specialising in Animal Anatomy and Production Physiology / BSv. MSc / Mmed;
- Professional registration with SACNASP;
- Lecturing experience in the specific disciplines at undergraduate level;
- Research output skills and/or a proven record of research publications in accredited journals as appropriate for the relevant level of appointment, specifically in the field of Small Stock Animal Nutrition and Management.
Required competencies (skills, knowledge and behavioural attributes):
- • Appropriate language and communication skills;
- • Good interpersonal skills;
- • Conflict management skills.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
Closing date: 7 March 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Enquiries: Prof E van Marle-Köster, Tel: (012) 420 3612
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 May 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Veterinary Medicine Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa