Research Fellow in Responsible Business (Finance)
The role will be of particular interest to early- or mid-career researchers with excellent communication skills who wish to progress further in policy-relevant, responsible business focused academic research. The role offers an exceptional opportunity to work in a business funded research centre, directly with other leading researchers in the field and businesses, having a key role in developing and presenting research in a variety of ways to shape future practice and policy in this important field.
Pursue research activity through research and scholarship, including other research-related contributions through presentations and/or projects. Work flexibly as part of a research team, to pursue the Centre’s research activities, with an ability to work responsively to changing objectives and programmes of work.Where appropriate for the discipline this may include:
- Contribution to the management of research activities
- Support successful funding bids which develop and sustain research support for the specialist area (in disciplines where this is possible
- Contribute to leading research that results in a sustained, highly respected reputation of international quality in the subject area and/or designing and developing innovative underpinning technologies
Support sustained high value impact activity in knowledge transfer and enterprise (including business engagement, public engagement) that is of manifest benefit to the College and University and: (a) makes a significant contribution to policy development at national and international level; and/or (b) involves development of industrial links and comparable networks and initiatives
- Project manage research activities
- Develop and apply methodologies and techniques appropriate to the type of research being pursued
- Contribute to the research led teaching of modules developed by the Centre for Responsible Business.
- Translate research and data into accessible web content and articles
This may include some but not all of the responsibilities listed below:
- Contribute to the development of the Centre or Department or School, supporting and developing activity on research
- Make contributions to the development of the Centre’s research programmes
- Contribute to the development and delivery of knowledge transfer, enterprise, business engagement and public engagement
- Contribute to administrative activities within the Centre
- Have a commitment to self-development and seek personal evelopment opportunities within the role.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Higher degree relevant to the research area (normally PhD) or equivalent qualifications
- Research experience or scholarship within subject specialism
- Extensive experience and demonstrated success in planning and undertaking research to deliver high quality results
- Experience of applying and/or developing innovative research models, techniques and methods
- Experience and high level understanding of knowledge transfer and external engagement practice and/or similar activities.
- Teaching or tutoring experience at higher education level
- Practical experience working in a relevant subject field
- Translating research into published non-academic communications
- Experience of working to organise and/or deliver workshops, seminars or conferences