Research Support Administrator
We are seeking to recruit a skilled administrator with a keen interest in the Arts and Humanities to join the College of Arts and Law research support team.The post holder will provide administrative support in relation to the preparation and submission of research funding applications and tenders and ongoing management of research projects in the College of Arts and Law.- Good educational standard equivalent to A-level, including good literacy and numeracy as evidenced by good GCSEs in English and Maths.
- Knowledge of areas of designated responsibility- organisational structures, processes, external context and norms of operation.
- An interest in the disciplinary areas of the College and an ability to gain an appropriate level of understanding in these areas over time.
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to write and speak clearly, concisely, and tactfully and in a grammatically correct manner.
- Good team working and relationship building skills across a diverse population of administrative, managerial and academic colleagues.
- Excellent IT skills across all core Microsoft Office products including Word, Powerpoint, Access and Excel.
- Able to confidently make sense of and re-present numerical and statistical data.
- Able to quickly understand a problem, think laterally in the identification of solutions and extrapolate and absorb best practice into his/her personal working style and approach.
- Able to use own initiative within area of expertise and to understand when matters should be referred.
- Excellent attention to detail and adherence to deadlines and ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Personal flexibility and commitment to task completion