Technical Author - Automotive - Coventry
Technical Author - Diagnostics - Coventry
We are searching for Technical Authors for Repair and Installation methods engineering, you will train very good vehicle technicians with strong IT skills. Excellent chance to take a career switch off the tools and do some different which will be a new challenge. Our client is working with an esteemed OEM who are of the fastest growing brands and innovative companies around.
Experience with JLR is ideal and also CAD skills.
Are you seeking something new and a new challenge? You will learn new skills and be working in a world class state of the art facility providing a potentially well needed change from being a Technician.
In this position you can utilise all the experience and skills you have gained and start to help and develop Technicians creating a satisfying feeling from work every day.
Looking for some variety?
This is a 12 month contract with a great chance of it going permanent.
The positions are based in Leamington Spa and offer a pay rate of £15 p/h.
We have an opportunity for an experienced vehicle technician seeking an opportunity to move from mainstream repair and maintenance and be responsible for the creation of workshop manual content and repair methods
- Strip down prototype vehicles, remove and re-fit components as per customer requirements
- Validate and identify process improvements on current published 'Remove and Install' procedures for both mechanical and electrical components
- Develop 'Remove and Installation' workshop manual procedures using CAD based software packages
- Ability to convert technical engineering content and author in clear and concise English.
- Validate old labour time information against new procedures and rectify as required
- Obtain engineering sign off for the new or updated workshop method or repair time
- Escalate any engineering sign off issues to the project leader for review, discussion and resolution
- Follow and adhere to Health and Safety Policies, in particular within the workshop. All procedures validated must be carried out in accordance with Health and Safety procedures
- Follow all designated vehicle cleanliness and all other related procedures
- Presentation of information using graphical techniques, text authoring tools, accessing the internet
- Develop illustrations in the style and format required to support workshop manual procedures
- Support the development and validation of any special service tools required to perform the service repair procedures developed. In doing so ensuring they work and function as designed and not over engineered.
- Suitable qualifications with excellent verbal and written English skills
- IT and computer literate, ability to learn new systems quickly and efficiently.
- Automotive experienced (ideally in automotive repair processes), with a strong technical background
- Experience in working individually, with a team, and communicating effectively with the customer
- Capable of managing and prioritising workload and working to tight deadlines (in some instances being flexible in working hours if / when required)
- Able to identify areas for improvement and suggest solutions
- Full / Clean Driving Licence
If you are interested in applying for this position or can recommend somebody please contact me, Conor Horton at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0207 940 4590. If you are looking for similar opportunities please contact me to have a private discussion about potential opportunities.
I am a specialist head hunter(recruiter) for Technical Training. I offer a number of search options within the industry with a special focus on the Automotive Training Delivery market.
Automotive, Motor Vehicle, Learning & Development, Training, Trainer, Sales, After Sales, Technical Trainer, Automotive Coach, Customer Relations, Auditor, Assessor, Automotive Assessor, Automotive Auditor, Automotive Lecturer, Training Design, Training Development, E-Learning, OEM, Automotive Instructor, Instructor, Training Delivery, Management
NonStop is one of the largest and fastest growing specialised recruitment companies in Europe. Our offices are located in the UK, Switzerland and the Czech Republic and we hold labour leasing licences across Europe. Please visit our website for a full list of the niche markets we cover.
What I offer: A high level of knowledge of Technical Training recruitment, therefore not just finding you suitable roles but in addition to this offering accurate an honest advice about salaries, work conditions and department reputation