Study Skills Support - Autistic Spectrum
We are currently looking for a specialist to work on one to one basis with students in the UK. We want someone who will concentrate on autism field.
My client's aim is to provide students who face difficulties with the best support so that they will achieve their full potential.
As a one to one support specialist, you will address the issues like acquiring, recalling and retaining information in written and spoken language as well as the range of memory, organizational, attention and numeracy difficulties that students with specific learning difficulties often face when working in an HE context.
The outcomes should be creating clean objectives and timescales in order to achieve their goals.
- Substantial experience working with students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Experience working with disabilities in an educational/learning environment.
- Knowledge of assistive technologies and related AT study skills
- Knowledge of and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of HE institutions and experience of working within this sector.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Good organisational and effective time management skills.
- Meet the requirements of the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
◦ All 5 NAS core autism online training modules
1. Understanding Autism;
2. Autism and Communication;
3. Autism and Sensory Experience;
4. Autism, Stress and Anxiety;
5. Autism: Supporting families
If you are interested to help students achieve their full potential please send your CV in the word format to Alina Drake:
Telephone: 02079402749 Ext: 3425
NonStop Recruitment is the fastest growing, recruitment specialist in the UK with expert consultants each focusing on specific geographies in order to provide in-depth support. Committed to providing the best service, we are renowned for professionalism, unrivalled industry knowledge and extensive candidate networks. Everything we do is underpinned by our in-house Quality Assurance team, something unique in our industry.