Research Associate - DNA delivery / genome engineering (2 positions available)
As part of a dynamic team, you will combine state-of-the-art CRISPR/Cas9-based genome engineering with cutting-edge gene delivery, biochemistry and imaging with to develop and roll-out next-generation technology for the treatment of genetic disease.
Experience with current gene editing tools (CRISPR/Cas9) and DNA recombineering methods (e.g. Gibson, redET, TR) is essential, knowledge of human dsDNA break repair (NHEJ, HR) and/or library-based in vitro selection/evolution techniques (e.g. ribosome display) is desirable.
Experience with eukaryotic tissue culture techniques is a definite plus. You will be based in the Berger (lead) laboratory in a highly collaborative setup including the Dillingham and Schaffitzel groups and GE Healthcare as industrial partner and sponsor. We are seeking to fill the posts asap.
For informal enquiries please contact; Imre Berger, +44 117 331 2147, firstname.lastname@example.org, Mark Dillingham, +44 117 3312159, email@example.com or Christiane Schaffitzel, +44 117 394 1869, firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is midnight on Thursday the 12th of April 2018
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom