Assistant Professor, SHP
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center School of Health Professions (SHP) invites qualified applications for a non-tenured Assistant Professor Appointment (12 month) teaching in the undergraduate program of Health Care Disparities, Diversity and Advocacy (DDA).
The faculty member will work with the School of Health Professions (SHP) educational team to develop courses for both face-to-face and distant learning, assist with the implementation and continued improvement of the on-line course offerings. The individual will collaborate with content experts to organize material for on-line pedagogy and adapt the material for implementation with the school software learning system.
Candidates with strong background in online teaching combined with transcultural nursing, health care related experience with underserved population, and at-risk communities are encouraged to apply.
- Assist the SHP education team in the development and review of the didactic curriculum intended for on-line learner
- Assist the content experts in the preparation and presentation of didactic cognitive and technical aspects of the curriculum in an on-line format
- Work with the electronic learning management systems to assure student and instructor accessibility
- Assist in monitoring and tracking students in the on-line course offerings
- Prepare and present didactic courses in the areas of health disparities, diversity and advocacy; this may include both face-to-face and on-line format
- Proven ability to develop and teach on-line courses
- Demonstrate strong organization and communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to commitment in working with a diverse student population
- Flexibility to travel for students recruitment
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and mentoring students
- Required: Master’s Degree in Education, or in a closely related field in healthcare
- Doctorate Degree Preferred
- Three years of recent Higher Education teaching experience
- Two years of experience to include curriculum development and evaluation
- Experience associated with health care profession is preferred
Applicants should submit email their CV and cover letter to:
Dr. William Undie
Chair-Faculty Search Committee
The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, School of Health Professions
1515 Holcombe Blvd. Unit 002
Houston Texas 77030
MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws, unless such distinction is required by law. All positions at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment.