Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor / Professor (One post) - Department of Dogmatics a
FACULTY OF THEOLOGY AND RELIGION
DEPARTMENT OF DOGMATICS AND CHRISTIAN ETHICS
LECTURER / SENIOR LECTURER / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / PROFESSOR (ONE POST)
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Conducting scholarly research;
- Publishing in high impact journals and books;
- Supervising master's and doctoral students;
- Mentoring students at undergraduate level;
- Performing academic administration and management;
- Performing other duties as delegated by the line-manager.
- A doctoral degree in Systematic Theology/Dogmatics/Theological Ethics;
- A proven record of tertiary teaching experience at undergraduate level (submission of a teaching portfolio required).
Senior Lecturer (Same as for Lecturer, plus):
- At least three publications;
- Experience in conducting supervision.
Associate Professor (Same as for Senior Lecturer, plus):
- At least four publications;
- A proven record of postgraduate supervision as well as significant local scientific/scholarly recognition and standing. This recognition must be substantiated by high quality outputs.
Professor (Same as for Associate Professor, plus):
- At least five publications;
- A proven record of postgraduate supervision as well as significant local and some international scientific/scholarly recognition and standing. This recognition must be substantiated by high quality outputs.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Specialised research in any area of Systematic Theology/Dogmatics/Theological Ethics.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Scholarly publications in accredited journals;
- Teaching experience;
- Membership of scholarly societies;
- Supervision to completion of postgraduate students;
- Community and ecclesial involvement.
PLEASE NOTE: The post level (i.e. lecturer, senior lecturer, professor) will be determined by the Faculty’s promotion and appointing criteria, based on the candidate's professional portfolio. The following standards are an indication of the applicable post level.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 15 March 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Prof DP Veldsman, Tel: (012) 420 5391, or e-mail: email@example.com
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 May 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.