Assistant Professor of the School of Pharmacy (2 x Positions)
The new American University of Iraq – Baghdad (AUIB) will open its doors on September 1, 2018. AUIB began as a dream of influential individuals in Iraqi and United States business, industry and government who want to see a world-class institution of higher learning established in the city, reminiscent of the days when Baghdad was an educational mecca and flourishing capital of the Muslim world.
The location of AUIB is centered around the magnificent Al-Faw Palace, near the airport. The main palace and many of the smaller palaces/structures are being completely renovated and will become home to the new AUIB. There will be a grand library, residence halls for faculty and students, cafes and coffee houses, and athletic facilities. AUIB will be a beautiful campus that attracts students, faculty and staff from throughout the world. We invite you to join us in this exciting new venture.
We have two (2) positions available in the School of Pharmacy and invite applications and nominations for the position of Assistant Professor of the School of Pharmacy.
This position will report directly to the Dean of the School of Pharmacy. We are seeking to appoint a motivated and suitably qualified academic/practitioner with expertise in the field of Pharmacy. The successful applicant will be part of a newly established School and there would be required to help shape the development of our educational and professional course provision in this exciting area.
This position will be responsible for:
• Teach in the Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm) program.
• Responsible for delivering in a student receptive manner the knowledge, skills, and experiences each student needs to successfully achieve course learning outcomes as outlined in the course syllabus.
• Create, post, and articulate course learning outcomes or objectives in order to ensure student understanding of course learning objectives and expectations.
• Create course curriculum, course syllabus, course handouts, lectures, labs, presentations, and other course materials required to deliver course information in an understandable and interesting manner to ensure students are engaged with the course material in order to achieve the course learning outcomes.
• Create course rubrics in order to assess each student’s performance related to the course’s learning objective and to identify areas for student improvement.
• Assist students to master course material by being available through “office hours” and at other times to answer questions and assist students to better understand the material in one-on-one or small group sessions.
• Assign grades and maintain course/student records in accordance with regulations and submit grades and records by established deadline.
• Serve on university committees to enhance department and university policies and processes which enhance student academic and career success.
• Attend all required university events such as commencement, faculty meetings, etc.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with the community, professionals, foundations and companies that support institutional growth
• Collaborate with the faculty on a number of interdisciplinary research projects, secure research funding and teach undergraduate (and later graduate) courses.
• Perform other appropriate and reasonable required duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
• Must have a PhD in a relevant subject, together with appropriate professional qualifications and membership.
• Minimum 2 - 5 years’ experience as an academic, practitioner and/or consultant linked to Pharmacy.
• An international perspective and a familiarity with relevant policy and regulatory frameworks would also be advantageous.
• Evidence of academic research, professional practice and/or relevant consultancy.
• Strong communication skills required to transfer the knowledge to the student body
• Demonstrated administrative experience, a high standard of professional integrity, and strong team-building skills.
• Must be English native speaker (American, Australian, Canadian, South African citizen).
Salary and benefits:
• 2-year contract,
• 6,400$ per month tax free,
• Free Accommodation,
• 1 x Flight tickets after 1 year completed service, and
• Free medical insurance.
Procedure for Candidacy:
Applications should include a cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please note due to the amount of CVs, if we do not respond to you within 2 weeks of date of your application, it means that you have not been shortlisted.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Iraq
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Iraq
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Iraq
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Iraq
- Biochemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Iraq