Senior Research Associate in Translational Research in Congenital Heart Surgery
The main purpose of this position is to help with innovative in vitro and large animal models for regenerative and reconstructive tissue engineering for congenital heart surgery.
To support the science and animal research work in congenital and structural heart disease within the unit. The post holder will be instrumental in integrating with our researchers and clinical academics in order to promote cutting-edge biochemical and animal studies for our translational portfolio in congenital heart disease.
The Senior Research Associate will be able to work independently and have the experience to create a safe working environment, facilitating high quality translational research and provide training and guidance for more junior members of staff.
- Advanced skills in biochemical and cell biology techniques
- Advanced skills in protein structures and drug discovery
- Advance management of databases
- Competence with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to manage competing demands and priorities, sometimes to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisationalskills
- Advanced knowledge of statistical biomedical methodologies
- Good analytical skills and the ability to proactively and creatively implement solutions to complex problems
- Evidence of teaching undergraduate and post-graduate students
- Ability to learn new techniques, identify technical problems and – in collaboration with the project’s PIs and collaborators – discuss and work out solutions
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom