Associate Director Student Services (Head of Commercial Services)
Examples of roles and responsibilities for this post include:
- Provide strategic direction and line management to your services e.g. Sport and Wellbeing and Early Years Centre;
- Lead initiatives to deliver continuous improvement of our services;
- Develop, lead and contribute to strategic initiatives, for example our new Sport Experience Strategy;
- Ensure your service areas meet their key performance indicators and deliver a high quality service within resource, budgets and legislative compliance;
- Represent the department at university wide forums, meetings with external partners and on University wide project groups;
- As part of a Directorate team, provide strategic direction and contribute to the overall day-to-day running of the department;
- Act as the University lead on Safeguarding.
Many of our services operate outside of core working hours. Therefore you will need to be willing to demonstrate some flexibility in your working hours, enabling you to meet staff and attend some team meetings outside of core 9-5 hours. Please note that as part of our Directorate team, you will be required to support an out of hours rota (working approximately 1 in every 5 weeks). This rota will require you to be contactable by phone for student emergencies, which occur outside of standard University hours.
It is not necessary for you to have specific experience in Higher Education. What you will need is a collaborative and flexible style of working, and be comfortable managing a fluctuating workload. If you thrive on variety and are comfortable juggling a broad range of responsibilities, then we would very much like to hear from you! Although the post will report to the Director of Student Services, you will be self-managing, and able to work autonomously to deliver your objectives.
The salary range for the role starts at £49,149 per annum. To arrange an informal discussion about the role, please contact Karen Hooper, PA to the Director of Student Services (email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02380 595504).
The successful post holder will require a Disclosure Barring Service check.
Interviews for this position are likely to be on Monday 9th April 2018.
Please note that we are currently recruiting two Associate Director roles within the team. Further information on the other Associate Director position is available at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?id=17925&forced=1.
You should submit your completed online application form at www.jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Rosie McPhail (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 4043. Please quote reference 977718EW on all correspondence.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please note that applications from agencies will not be accepted unless indicated in the job advert.