Research Technician - Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences.
This is a part time post, which is funded for 18 months is to provide technical support for a Professor Senis's research group based within the Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences.
Professor Senis's group are investigating the functional roles of protein tyrosine phosphatase in megakaryocytes and platelets and the research relies heavily on murine models.
Extensive relevant experience, degree or equivalent professional qualification in an appropriate subject
- GCSE (A*- C) or equivalent in mathematics
- In-depth practical knowledge of technical and scientific methods stated within the job description and Good Laboratory Practice gained through extensive experience and formal qualification
- Extensive experience of similar laboratory based work
- Knowledge of Animals Scientific Procedures Act (1986)
- Positive service attitude and shows courtesy in dealing with others
- Ability to organise and manage own work load and demonstrate flexibility in terms of work practices/requirements
- Ability to work under minimal supervision but function as part of a team
- Knowledge of current relevant H&S policies
- Proficiency in commonly used software packages
- Willingness to work towards professional registration
- closing date: 20 March 2018
Please apply via the apply online button below.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom