Staff Scientist Position in Data Management/Computational Science
The mandate of the candidate is to manage, integrate, and improve an existing computational platform that adheres to reproducible research best practices. The platform is used to address defined translational questions and to provide access to multi-omic data sets from preclinical data, clinical trials as well as in-house and public genomics and brain imaging data.
- Contribute to the development, management and support of our core reproducible research analytics platform.
- Collaborate with University's IT experts to expand the computing infrastructure.
- Collaborate with bioinformaticians, statisticians, psychologists, and biologists to identify critical questions that may be addressed via computational approaches.
Ph.D. or Masters with relevant industry or academia experience is required. Education should be in the fields of Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Neuroscience, or related disciplines.
- Advanced knowledge of R and Git is required.
- BASH-programming skills are required.
- Ability to work in a Linux environment is required.
- Familiarity with SQL and Bioconductor is desirable.
- Familiarity with statistical methods is desirable.
We offer you
- High flexibility with respect to working conditions.
- Responsible and versatile tasks in an excellent scientific environment.
- Support by research group leaders and staff.
Application / Contact
Please send your CV and your application to Prof Andreas Papassotiropoulos (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Prof Dominique de Quervain (email@example.com).
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland