Athlete Lifestyle Advisor
• Knowledge of the UK HE and FE setting and systems
• Sound knowledge and understanding of needs and pressures of performance athletes and coaches (in particular in tertiary education)
• Knowledge and experience of the provision and delivery of high quality performance athlete service within HE
• Excellentcommunication skills (written & verbal), confidence to present to groups as well as attention to detail,
• Team player able to work as a member of a busy multi-functional team.
• Ability to work under pressure and show initiative.
• Use of Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook and Word.
• Good organisational skills, the ability to plan effectively.
• An empathy with working within a student environment, with the desire to develop student sport.
• Good Degree (or equivalent) in sports management, sport science or a discipline relevant to the management and personal development of the transitional stage/high performing individuals.
• Athlete Lifestyle support qualification (TALS)
• UKAD Advisor and/or Educator
• Professional coaching and mentoring qualification or working towards
• Experience of supporting the personal development of individuals through coaching and mentoring
• Experience of delivering appropriate and high quality 1:1 and group support to meet the development of dual career skills
• Experience of working within a high performance multidisciplinary team
University of Birmingham Sport is looking to appoint a Lifestyle Support Advisor to develop and deliver lifestyle support services to our multi-talented student athletes.
The holder of this role will be responsible for the provision of dual-career and performance lifestyle support services to transitional-level athletes at the University of Birmingham. This will include University Sport Scholars, TASS athletes and student-athletes within performance teams. The post holder will also be responsible for the development and delivery of an athlete lifestyle/dual-career skills programme and the provision of 1-1 and group support. They will be working in partnership with the Scholarship Manager, TASS Programme Lead, Performance Centre team and coaches to encourage and facilitate dual career aspirations; through the successful balance of sporting and non-sporting commitments.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Allied Health and Social Care Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physical Therapy Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom