Postgraduate (PGT) Programme Administrator
- A good level of general education, educated to at least ‘A’ level standard or equivalent, along with demonstrable experience of administration ideally within an Education environment or able to demonstrate equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience of working in a busy and demanding customer driven environment and the ability to provide a professional service with a friendly approachable attitude.
- Ability to convey information accurately and politely to customers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written, and oral.
- Ability to create, maintain and manipulate complex spreadsheets and databases and to understand and interpret the information contained in them.
- Numeracy.Ability to do averages, means, calculate weightings for assessment in percentages.
- Fast accurate proof reading skills and attention to detail.
- Experience of setting up and maintaining complex working systems.
- Able to demonstrate advance IT skills using the MS Office suit of programmes.To demonstrate that they are able to learn new software packages.
- Experience of dealing with confidential/sensitive data, knowledge of data protection, freedom of information.
- Experience of servicing committees in a secretarial capacity.
- An ability to work proactively, with little supervision, under pressure and to deadlines demonstrating the ability to work on several tasks simultaneously whilst using their ability to use their own judgement to resolve problems and to make decisions on own their own initiative.
- An ability to deal with people and organisations at all levels.
- Must be a team player.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a student records system or complex database.
- Ability to empathise with the student perspective to provide a high level of customer service.
The College of Life and Environmental Sciences brings together the following Schools: Biosciences; Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences; Psychology; Sport and Exercise Sciences.This busy and challenging role is essential to the day-to-day administration of postgraduate taught courses in the School of Biosciences, including the production of timetables, processing of continuously assessed work and the processing and calculation of examination marks.The post holder is a key member of the team which ensures the smooth running of the postgraduate taught programmes.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Environmental Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom