Research Technician/Lab Engineer
Advanced Electronic Materials and Devices Group focuses on the material sciences and technology aspects of novel electronic materials, with a strong emphasis on graphene as well as other 2D materials (MoS2). The group also works towards the development of technological applications based on these materials such as electronics, bioelectronics and biosensing, neural interfaces, etc.
The activities cut across different scientific aspects, from the fundamentals (the physics of devices and semiconductors) to materials (growth of graphene and 2D materials by CVD, surface functionalization, advanced characterisation), through to devices (fabrication technology, nanofabrication) and applications (biosensors, neural implants and biomedical technologies, energy storage and conversion).
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will give support to the research team in the following topics: i) CVD growth of graphene, ii) transfer of graphene, iii) device fabrication.
The tasks will involve the maintenance of the graphene reactor as well as the implementation of upgrades (new gas lines, etc), the optimisation of the graphene transfer process, and the support to the fabrication of graphene-based devices.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences required:
- Engineer/Master degree in Material science, Chemistry, Technology, Microfabrication
- Thin film deposition (CVD experience will be valued)
- Vaccum technology
- Lab chemistry
- Device/semiconductor technology (cleanroom experience)
- Design of data acquisition software (Labview, Labwin, Python)
- One year experience in a research lab/environment
- Proficiency in English
- Teamwork skills
Research Career Profile (According to the European Framework for Research Careers):
R1 First Stage Researcher
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: 2 years.
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Salary according to the cost of living in Barcelona.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: April 2018.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Biochemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain