Postgraduate Recruitment Co-ordinator - Department of Research and Innovation
DEPARTMENT OF RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
POSTGRADUATE RECRUITMENT CO-ORDINATOR
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 8
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The main purpose of the Postgraduate Recruitment Co-ordinator is to co-ordinate and undertake postgraduate recruitment activities that contribute towards efforts to meet postgraduate enrolment targets annually. The incumbent will compile information relevant to postgraduate students and disseminate it through various channels that include online website platforms, social media, print materials (e.g. brochures), road shows, exhibitions, conferences and any other suitable platforms. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that a web-based one-stop information portal is up and running and is updated regularly.
The Co-ordinator will administer the online-information requests from prospective students and direct inquiries to the relevant players in Departments and Faculties. The successful candidate will participate in postgraduate recruitment activities that include exhibitions, road shows, sensitization outreach programmes, undergraduate research fellowship programme, and any other relevant postgraduate recruitment events. The Co-ordinator will co-ordinate follow-ups of prospective postgraduate students who may have expressed interest in joining the University of Pretoria.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least three years of the following work experience:
- Student recruitment experience in higher education environment;
- Experience in compiling student recruitment promotional material;
- Experience is web-based online student recruitment;
- Demonstrated creative-thinking and problem-solving abilities;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge of higher education student administration processes;
- Advanced communication ability;
- Proficient in public speaking;
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative relationships with individuals at all levels;
- Sound organisational skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- An appropriate honours degree
- Experience in postgraduate student recruitment from international sources;
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 458 282 to R 566 046 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply via the apply online link below.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 22 March 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Dr Aceme Nyika, Tel: (012) 420 6851
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 May 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.