Senior Security System Administrator
Australian Cyber Emergency Response Team (AusCERT)
AusCERT is a leading Cyber Emergency Response Team for Australia. As a not-for-profit security group based at The University of Queensland, AusCERT helps members prevent, detect, respond to and mitigate cyber and Internet based attacks. Formed in 1993, AusCERT is one of the oldest CERTs in the world and was the first CERT in Australia to operate as the national CERT, which it did until 2010.
The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia's premier learning and research institutions. UQ is renowned nationally and internationally for the quality of its teaching and research and enjoys ranking in the top 100 universities globally. Within The University, AusCERT is part of Information Technology Services (ITS).
AusCERT monitors and evaluates global cyber network threats and vulnerabilities, and remains on-call for members after hours. AusCERT publishes the Security Bulletin Service, threat intelligence and other relevant resources for information security and IT professionals.
For further information visit our website www.its.uq.edu.au and www.auscert.org.au
The Senior Security Systems Administrator is responsible for technical and operational support within the Australian Cyber Emergency Response Team (AusCERT). The successful candidate works closely with AusCERT’s pool of Senior Information Security Analysts on a wide and interesting spread of information security projects. Duties include administering (mostly Linux-based) systems of bespoke nature, and governance of standard systems administration functions (such as file, print, networking etc) which are carried out by various teams within UQ ITS.
The successful candidate will curate AusCERT’s bespoke systems which include exciting open source tools, tactical solutions and some in-house developed systems. The role also participates in projects to improve the products and services AusCERT offers to members. The Analyst team and this role actively participate in information security training, knowledge sharing and general discussion. Ideas for relevant products and services for AusCERT’s members are actively encouraged from all team members.
- AusCERT is particularly interested in applications from candidates with ambition and interest in the information security community. Desirable personal qualities are a collaborative team spirit and a can-do attitude inline with the culture of all existing AusCERT team members.
- Applicants should demonstrate the ability to provide advice regarding the security, design, implementation, installation and maintenance of information technology systems and infrastructure.
- The successful applicant will have the capabilities to mentor others, whilst providing senior support and expertise to other staff on systems administration and technology topics.
- The University of Queensland values diversity and inclusion.
- Applications are particularly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. For further information please contact our Australian Indigenous Employment Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are also encouraged from women.
This is a 12 month fixed term position appointed at a HEW Level 7. There is an additional 15% loading for this position, bringing the cash remuneration package to $85,338.13 - $102,993.02 plus employer superannuation contributions of up to 9.5%. The total remuneration package is $93,445.25 to $112,777.36.
To discuss this role please contact Mike Holm, Operations Manager, on 0417 440 189 or email@example.com
To submit an application for this role, use the Apply button below. All applicants MUST supply the following documents: resume AND selection criteria responses. Your selection criteria response should be approximately two pages in total.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Information Science and Technology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia