• Wide range of employee benefits
• HEO8, Fixed term contract till December 2019
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
When you work for the University of Adelaide you can expect a range of benefits and work conditions, such as employee development and future career opportunities.
The Division of University Operations supports the University in the achievement of its core objectives in learning, teaching and research by providing enabling services and effective resources. The division's priorities have evolved from the University's 10 year strategic plan, the Beacon of Enlightenment, with key projects centred around people, community, assets and infrastructure and processes.
The Information Technology and Digital Services branch is part of the Division of University Operations, which provides technology capabilities to support the University's teaching and research objectives and business activities. The branch services the vast University community through four core services: IT Business Engagement, IT Programs and Digital Solutions Delivery, IT Operations and Digital Services, and IT Strategy Planning and Governance.
This role is responsible for implementing new and enhancing existing functionality to meet the strategic needs of the university. The ideal candidate will have extensive commercial experience developing robust and scalable web applications and demonstrated experience with Ruby on Rails. We are seeking individuals with a high commitment to delivering high quality services to key stakeholders across the university.
Salary: (HEO8) $95,493 to 107,179 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies.
Term of position: This fixed term position is available immediately until December 2019.
To be successful you should have:
1. Extensive commercial experience developing robust and scalable web applications
2. Extensive experience improving code quality through unit tests, automation and code reviews
3. Proven experience analysing existing application processes and designing and implementing improvements
4. Proven experience with Ruby on Rails is desirable
5. Experience with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and technologies desirable
6. Demonstrated ability to understand customer scenarios and requirements, to develop and deliver effective business solutions.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact email@example.com
Closing date: 26 March 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Information Science and Technology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia