Sessional Psychologist - Department of Student Affairs
DEPARTMENT OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
STUDENT SUPPORT DIVISION
SESSIONAL PSYCHOLOGIST (TWO CONTRACT POSTS UNTIL 20 NOVEMBER 2018)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 7
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for rendering clinical/counselling psychology services to students/young adults to ensure academic success and emotional wellness, the development and identification of training and guidance programmes to enhance the academic success of students/young adults, as well as data analysis as part of research processes.
The successful candidate will actively participate in the following areas:
- Providing psychotherapeutic clinical/counselling services to students/young adults to ensure academic success and emotional wellness.
- Developing, evaluating and presenting programmes for the enhancement of student well-being;
- Developing training and therapeutic programmes in view of the identified needs of students/young adults;
- Performing career testing and needs assessments including feedback sessions;
- Performing data analysis of student’s needs as a part of service delivery to students;
- Supervising counselling psychologist interns as required;
- Maintaining an online records and paper filing system;
- Attending departmental meetings and training workshops as required.
- MA or MSc degree in Clinical Psychology/Counselling Psychology;
- Registration as Clinical/Counselling Psychologist with the HPCSA;
- At least three years’ proven experience as registered psychologist, beyond internship year;
- Evidence of experience with students/young adults.
Required Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Behavioural Attributes):
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Efficient administration skills;
- Appropriate and excellent language and communication skills;
- Computer skills (MS word, Excel, PowerPoint and email) and ability to train in and operate an electronic client record system;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Good judgement in terms of managing mental health care;
- Professionalism, confidentiality and sensitivity towards the diversity of students within the context of the University of Pretoria’s academic goals.
Added Advantages and Preferences:
- PhD in Clinical/Counselling Psychology;
- Experience as Counselling/Clinical Psychology at a tertiary institution.
- Prior experience in supervision of interns.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online through the link below, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
Closing Date: 27 March 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Enquiries: Dr L Blokland, Tel: (012) 420 2333
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 May 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.