University Postdoctoral Fellow
• Wide range of employee benefits
• Level A Research Opportunity
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is a centre for learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science and high level mathematics. Academic staff are world leaders in their fields of consulting, advanced fundamental and applied research. Graduates are highly regarded by employers. The Faculty offers an intellectually exciting and innovative environment in which to work.
The School of Civil, Environmental and Mining Engineering offers high quality accredited degrees in mining engineering, has strong links with industry and a robust research ethos.
The focus of this role will be the quantification of the various sources of resource variability from in-situ to mill feed via stockpiles. It will involve the integration of sensed and directly measured data and will develop approaches to reduce variability and increase the certainty of mill feed. A key goal of the data integration component will be to reduce resource model updating time and obtain better forward predictions. The role will suit applicants with a good understanding of mining processes and a strong background in resource modelling. An ability to use mining optimisation software packages currently used by the industry would be an advantage.
(Level A, Step 6-8) $85,307 – $91,425 per annum.
An employer contribution of 9.5% applies .
Term of position:
This fixed-term contract is available immediately for a duration of four years.
To be successful you should have:
- A PhD in mineral resource Geostatistics or in data integration in resource modelling;
- A background in mining engineering or quantitative geology (e.g., undergraduate degree);
- Skills in, or at least a good understanding of, data integration and the ability to learn and use rapid data integration techniques;
- Good programming skills;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English; and
- An ability to work individually and as a member of a broader team.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Professor Peter Dowd, +618 8313 4543 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if the selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 2 April 2018.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Environmental Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia