Senior Lecturer in Management Accounting and/or Financial Management (Three posts)
FACULTY OF ECONOMIC AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
SENIOR LECTURER (THREE POSTS)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbents will be responsible for:
- Lecturing in Management Accounting and/or Financial Management at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level;
- Academic administration;
- Supervising postgraduate students;
- Scientific research and publications in accredited academic journals.
- At the time of appointment, be in possession of:
- A PhD in the Financial Sciences; OR
- A master’s degree in the Financial Sciences AND registered with SAICA as a CA(SA)/registered with CIMA as an ACMA/FCMA;
- Current/future research in one of the Department’s focus areas:
- Corporate performance and risk management;
- Shareholder value creation;
- Corporate social responsibility;
- Consumer financial decision-making;
- Behavioural finance;
- Retirement finance.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Proven lecturing skills and technical ability in the subject field;
- Appropriate language and communication skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Training/lecturing experience;
- Lecturing experience at postgraduate level;
- Research experience and publications in accredited academic journals;
- Evidence of supervising postgraduate students;
- The potential to develop into a scholar in the discipline;
- Involvement in professional activities where applicable;
- Candidates that are not as yet in possession of a doctoral degree should demonstrate the potential and willingness to obtain a doctoral qualification within a reasonable period after date of appointment.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
3 April 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Prof CH van Schalkwyk, Tel: (012) 420 5293
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 June 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.