Senior Institute Finance Administrator
The Senior Institute Finance Administrator will be a senior administrative officer of one or more Institutes in the College of Medical and Dental Sciences. The appointee will support the Institute Manager (IM) and Deputy Institute Manager (Dep IM) in the fulfilment of their responsibilities in ensuring administrative services are delivered in an effective, efficient, responsive and professional manner supporting excellence in research and teaching.This individual will have responsibility for oversight of finances for the Institute including line management for two Financial Administrators.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
First degree or at least 5 years’ experience in a similar University/HEI/NHS environment role
- Proven experience of staff management including managing performance.
- Proven ability to manage budgets effectively in accordance with policies and procedures
- Proven ability of analysing and interpreting financial information
- Proven ability to analyse relevant trends and to summarise these in concise and accurate reports
- Working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Knowledge and understanding of UK HE funding mechanisms, strategies and priorities
- Demonstrated excellent IT skills using Microsoft Office including an excellent knowledge of Excel and the ability to manipulate computer systems and databases
Abilities and skills
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to write clear and concise reports on complex matters
- Strong negotiating and persuasion skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex policy matters to students and staff
- Excellent verbal communication skills - ability to communicate with a wide range of people at all levels, maintaining high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven ability to plan and manage own workload and that of others in a highly efficient and effective manner, and to meet competing deadlines; working on a variety of complex issues simultaneously
- Excellent inter-personal skills; ability to develop effective working relationships with all levels of staff and external contacts.
- Developed leadership skills, with the ability to instil confidence in others
- Assertive and able to think and act decisively
- Ability to work proactively, independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a high degree of accuracy
- Able to absorb and deploy new information quickly and accurately