Clinical Lecturer / Lecturer (1 post) - School of Health Care Sciences
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
SCHOOL OF HEALTH CARE SCIENCES
CLINICAL LECTURER / LECTURER (ONE POST)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be required to:
- Manage the skills laboratory for health care sciences;
- Participate in skills training and assessment;
- Update course content and revise study guides;
- Maintain the electronic learning environment;
- Arrange training schedules with departments and allocate training resources;
- Compile training budgets and manage procurement of resources;
- Perform other academic and research duties as may be delegated by the Head of Department.
- A relevant honours degree in Health Sciences;
- At least one years’ experience in teaching;
- Basic proficiency in MS Office;
- Completion of a research project/compilation of a report.
- A relevant master’s degree in Health Sciences;
- At least one years’ experience in skills training and assessment;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office;
- One accredited publication.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- The ability to function both as a team member and as an individual;
- Accuracy and a sense of responsibility.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Experience in managing a learning environment;
- Ability to provide basic IT and educational media support;
- Experience in performing database tasks.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply via the apply online button below.
CLOSING DATE: 3 April 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Prof FM Mulaudzi, Tel: (012) 356 3179, or Prof R Delport, Tel: (012) 356 3293
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 3 April 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo personal credentials verification.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.