Technician: Network, Card and monitoring systems
Division Information TechnologyTechnician: Network, Card and monitoring systems(Ref. IT/122/0318)
The incumbent will be part of a team responsible for maintaining and administrating networks, electronic card access, card payment and IP camera monitoring systems.Please note that the level of appointment and remuneration will be negotiated in line with experience.
- Maintaining, repairing and administrating networks, card access control, card payment, and IP CCTV systems;
- Performing 24-hour standby duty on a rotational basis to solve urgent problems after hours.
- Senior Certificate (Grade 12);
- National Diploma or Certificate as electronic or electro-technical technician;
- At least four years’ experience in the installation and/or maintenance of access control card readers and CCTV or alarm systems;
- Proven knowledge of network installation;
- Proven knowledge of card and camera technology;
- Good computer proficiency in MS Office;
- Good people skills;
- The ability to function independently and under pressure;
- Willingness and availability to be on 24-hour call, as required;
- A valid driver’s license.
- N+ Certification;
- Experience with the installation of IMPRO card access systems;
- Experience with the installation and configuration of IP camera systems;
- Basic Linux workstation knowledge;
- Relational database skills;
- Microsoft Access experience;
- Microsoft SQL and/or Postgresql/Mysql experience;
- A valid driver’s licence for longer than two years.
How To Apply
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Apply online by using the "Apply Now" link. Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Enquiries regarding job content: Mr Hendrik le Roux on 021 808 3786, or on email@example.com
nquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Information Science and Technology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa