Geo-Environmental/Geotechnical Engineer - NORTHAMPTON
Would you like the chance to join a NEW TEAM within a Multi Disciplinary consultancy offering a range of professional services within the construction industry?
The newest part of this growing company is its Geotechnical and Environmental division, which will be involved in projects ranging from large commercial units to smaller residential developments.
You will have the opportunity to work directly under an experienced Geotechnical and Environmental Director to help grow the team from the outset in the Northampton Office. This gives you high visibility, a chance to truly see the impact of your work and not to mention a wealth of promotional opportunities!
This role will suit those who are ambitious to grow their profile in the Geo-Environmental industry and who show strong potential to develop themselves and others.
- Design, implement and manage ground investigations for geotechnical and contamination assessments.
- Undertake fieldwork with supervision of various site contractors, soil and rock logging, in situ testing, sampling and scheduling laboratory testing.
- Carry out detailed qualitative and quantitative contamination risk assessments in line with current standards and guidance.
- Carry out geotechnical assessments with detailed technical analysis and interpretation to inform foundation and pavement design, embankments, retaining walls and basement construction.
- Liaison with clients, other professionals and regulators such as NHBC, LA, EA and BC.
- Other duties associated with the role such as production of remediation specifications, verification and soil waste classification.
- Responsible for training of others.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum BSc or BEng in geology or environmental science related degree.
- Achieved or working towards chartership status CEng, CGeol, CEnv.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a geo-environmental engineer and ideally experience in managing a team.
- Have excellent technical knowledge for geology, ground engineering and contaminated land.
- Have excellent reporting, interpretation and communication skills.
- Have an aptitude for multi-task project management in the field and the ability to modify investigations ad hoc.
- Must be pro-active in self-directed CPD and keep up to date with appropriate standards and regulatory legislation.
- Must hold a full clean driving licence.
- Must be prepared to travel UK wide and stay away from home on occasion.
There are a range of benefits and these will be discussed at interview stage.
To discuss this opportunity please do not hesitate to contact me. I am a specialist recruiter covering the Geoscience field covering the entire UK. I have successfully placed a mix of specialists in: Contaminated Land consultants, Geo-Environmental engineers, Hydro-geologists, Engineering Geologists.
Send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or call me on 0207 940 2105 for a confidential chat.