Teaching Fellow in Computer Science
Job PurposeTeach courses at a range of levels within specified subject area and within the specific areas of databases and software engineering to undergraduates, postgraduates and CPD students, predominantly through allocated lectures and seminars, so that the School’s teaching objectives are met.
- Contribute to the design of Computer Science undergraduate and postgraduate modules with other colleagues.
- Plan and prepare own teaching, including guidance notes and handouts in accordance with the established objectives of the teaching programme.
- Devise and supervise student projects, student dissertations and practical work.
- Develop an approach to planning and reviewing own teaching.
- Undertake full range of responsibilities in relation to supervision, marking and examining. (Summative assessment, including assessed work contributing to the final award – as a mark or as a credit – such as unseen examinations, essays, dissertations or presentations, is subject to validation by the academic supervisor.)
- Frequently update own subject expertise.
- Undertake personal professional development in teaching, including self-reflection on own teaching, using student and peer review feedback, to enhance own teaching and learning processes.
- Undertake management/administration arising from teaching.
- Contribute to School teaching-related activities and teaching-related administration.
- Assist with School events, such as Applicant Visitor days, and in organising and running tutorial groups.
- Contribute to enterprise, business development and/or public engagement activities of manifest benefit to the College and the University, often under supervision of a project leader.
- Higher degree relevant to Computer Science and with specific knowledge of databases and software engineering, or equivalent qualifications
- Familiarity with Java is essential
- High level analytical capability
- Ability to design and deliver module materials successfully
- Ability to assess and organise resources effectively
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom