Post-doctoral Fellowship in Environmental Science
The selected candidate will integrate a project team that investigates the consequences and effects of climate change on the Carbon Balance of the Amazon Basin. The aim of the project is to combine estimates of emissions and absorption of carbon based on a high precision 5-year database of vertical profiles of greenhouse gases, with a dynamic global vegetation model to expand our scientific understanding of the processes that control carbon exchange and forest response to regional and global environmental changes, focusing this strategic ecological region. This project is a part of a program to determine Greenhouse Gas Balance, initiated in 2010, which by 2020 will complete a decade of data capable of providing unique information to a better understanding of the Amazon's role in the Global Carbon Balance and at how Amazon is changing with Climate variations and land use change.
Candidates must have obtained their PhD degree within the last 7 (seven) years, in Brazil or abroad and demonstrated ability to publish scientific articles. Previous experience in use of land surface / DGVM models, computational programming in Fortran 90 and analysis and visualization of scientific data in NCL or GrADS packages is desirable.
More information on FAPESP standards: http://www.fapesp.br/en/5427
Please send an email with title "Posdoc FAPESP CCST / INPE" to email@example.com, with the following documents in PDF format:
1) Cover letter describing scientific qualifications and interests;
2) Short CV;
3) Indication of 2 names for personal references;
4) Link to personal page on sites like Research Gate, Google Scholar or Academia.edu, if available.
This opportunity is open to candidates of any nationalities. The selected candidate will receive a FAPESP’s Post-Doctoral fellowship in the amount of R$ 7,174.80 monthly and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity.
More information about the fellowship is at: fapesp.br/oportunidades/2109.
Eligible destination country/ies for fellows:
Eligibility of fellows: country/ies of residence:
Eligibility of fellows: nationality/ies:
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Environmental Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Geography Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil