Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer and Head of Division: Haematological Pathology
Department of Pathology
Division of Haematological Pathology
Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer and Head of Division
Stellenbosch University is an inclusive, innovative and future focused institution, a place of discovery and excellence where both staff and students are thought leaders in advancing knowledge in the service of all stakeholders. In partnership with the National Laboratory Services (NHLS), we seek someone to provide vision and leadership to enhance our position as a leading Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Appointment is on the joint establishment of Stellenbosch University and the National Health Laboratory Service on the conditions of service of the University.
- Reporting to the Executive Head of the Department of Pathology, the incumbent is responsible for the overall strategic leadership of the Division, including: Service delivery and quality assurance of service in the field of Haematological Pathology within the NHLS;
- Providing and maintaining a consultative diagnostic service for patients and clinicians at Tygerberg Hospital, referral hospitals, and other institutions as indicated by the national coverage strategy of the NHLS;
- Developing and maintaining undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training programmes in Haematological Pathology;
- Fostering an inclusive and collegial environment that encourages a high level of performance, communication and teamwork;
- Designing, executing and publishing research, including research on the initiation and implementation of new diagnostic techniques and procedures;
- Facilitating and supporting the research initiatives of staff within the Division;
- Supporting and contributing to the NHLS, University and other national/regional strategic initiatives.
- A postgraduate qualification in Haematological Pathology;
- Registration/compliance with the criteria for registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as a Specialist in Haematological Pathology;
- Management experience within an academic and service environment;
- Teaching experience in Haematological Pathology at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Experience in and a proven record of independent and innovative research and guidance of research at a postgraduate level.
- A doctoral degree.
How To Apply
Apply online by using the "Apply Now" link.
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Enquiries regarding job content: Prof. A Whitelaw on 021 938 4032, or on email@example.com
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Division, Tygerberg Campus on 021 938 9636
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa