Foreman - Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 11
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Staff management and supervising workers at the experimental farm on the Hillcrest Campus;
- Co-ordinating the maintenance work of farm implements, equipment and structures;
- Providing technical support to academic research projects;
- Co-ordinating the tidiness of the terrain;
- Co-ordinating and administrating infrastructure at the experimental farm on the Hillcrest Campus.
- Grade 12;
- Code EB drivers licence;
- Three years’ appropriate experience in farm related work on an experimental farm.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Administrative and organising skills;
- Time management skills and the ability to adhere to due dates and function under high pressure;
- Physically capable to do the work of a Foreman;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- One year experience in the technical supporting of research trials on an experimental farm;
- Three years’ knowledge and experience in the following:
- Operating and maintenance of farm implements and equipment;
- Staff management and supervision.
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 292 608 to R 348 439 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
23 May 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Mr R Coertze, Tel: (012) 420 6022
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 July 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.