Online Learning Materials Developer
Unit for Language Development
Online Learning Materials Developer (post level 9)
Job ID: 2352
Duties and responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (ICT/Education/ Higher Education/Applied Linguistics/TESOL or equivalent)
- Two (2) to three (3) years' experience in computer-integrated teaching and learning and/or instructional design.
- Two (2) to three (3) years' experience in the use of educational technology, including, but not limited to, the use of a Learning Management system.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University's richly diverse working environment.
- Advanced computer skills in, but not limited to, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, computer programming, and database management.
- Knowledge of the use of educational technology.
- Knowledge of the use of a Learning Management system.
- Ability to work accurately.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to function under pressure.
- A post-graduate qualification in a relevant field (ICT/Education/ Higher Education/Applied Linguistics/TESOL or equivalent).
- One (1) to two (2) years' experience in language-related teaching and learning.
- One (1) to two (2) years' experience in language/educational technology research.
- One (1) to two (2) years' experience in a Higher Education environment.
- Experience in web development.
- Experience in developing and maintaining databases.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
25 May 2018
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3687/9161/9339.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete, or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Information Science and Technology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa