Student Administrative Control Officer - Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information
STUDENT ADMINISTRATION DIVISION
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE CONTROL OFFICER PEROMNES POST LEVEL 7
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy. The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The responsibilities of the incumbent will include, but are not limited to:
- Management of all processes within student administration (postgraduate) e.g. (but not limited to) applications, selection, registration, examination, results and graduation ceremonies;
- Member of the applicable Faculty committees;
- Implementation of Teaching and Learning Committee decisions.
- Implementation of Postgraduate Studies Committee decisions.
- A three-year tertiary qualification;
- At least four years’ experience in student administration including supervisory experience;
- Extensive knowledge of and insight into the postgraduate programmes;
- General management knowledge and experience;
- Knowledge of financial and human resources management.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Decision making and prioritising abilities;
- Skilled in the use of electronic media;
- Organisational skills;
- Excellent language and communication skills;
- Outstanding ability to work under pressure and function independently;
- Prepared to work overtime and/or weekends when required.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- An appropriate Honours degree;
- A Qualification (degree) in Management;
- Experience in budget and project management;
- Experience in the use of an electronic student database.
All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process. The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 543 334 to R 669 738 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
25 May 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Prof Sunil Maharaj, Tel: (012) 420 4636 Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 July 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups. All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials. The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.