Senior Officer: Salaries
Senior Officer: Salaries (post level 9)
Job ID: 2353
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the effective applying of internal controls.
- Reconcile general ledger and payments to third parties.
- Responsible to see that the salaries are accurate, complete and balanced in time on a monthly basis.
- Deal with employees enquiries.
- Monitor compliance with internal policies and external statutory requirements.
- Compile accurate and meaningful financial and exception reports.
- Present information and training sessions to various forums.
- Establish sound relationship with internal and external role-players.
- Assist with the effective functioning of the salary office.
- B.Com. (Accounting) or B.Acc.
- Completed learning contract or three (3) years’ applicable experience with preference to a payroll environment or working with employee tax.
- Three (3) years’ relevant experience.
- Specialist knowledge on income tax legislation.
- Detail knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
- Detail knowledge of the medical/pension funds of the UFS.
- Detail knowledge of QPAC system and integration between QPAC and PeopleSoft.
- Proven advanced computer skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s richly diverse working environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of South African Employee Tax.
- Language proficiency in English and Afrikaans.
- SAIPA/SAICA registered.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
25 May 2018
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9161/3934/3106/3687/3592.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.