PhD Studentship: Robust Analysis and Optimisation Process for Virtual Flight Simulation of Very-fle
7 days left
- Full Time
The proposed PhD programme will be completed in a split-site agreement between the University of Southampton, UK, and ONERA – The French Aerospace Lab.
The successful applicant has an excellent background in physics, engineering or applied mathematics. Experience with programming is essential.
If you wish to discuss any details of the project informally, please contact Dr Andrea Da Ronch, Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics research group, Email: email@example.com, Tel: +44 (0) 2380 59 4787.
1 Franciolini M, Da Ronch A, Drofelnik J, Raveh D and Crivellini A, “Efficient infinite–swept wing solver for steady and unsteady compressible flows”, Aerospace Science and Technology, 2017; 72: 217-229.
Funding and Eligibility
This project is in competition with others for funding; the projects which receive the best applicants will be awarded a full studentship. This 3 year studentship covers home-rate tuition fees and provides an annual tax-free stipend at the standard EPSRC rate, which is £14,777 for 2018/19.
The funding is only available to UK citizens or EU citizens who have been resident in the UK for at least 3 years prior to the start of the studentship and not mainly for the purpose of receiving full-time education. For further guidance on funding, please contact PGRapply.FEE@soton.ac.uk
How to Apply
Click here to apply and select the programme - PhD in Engineering and the Environment. Please enter the title of the PhD Studentship in the application form.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Environmental Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom