Senior Financial Administrator permanent position
Finance, Eastern Cape Grahamstown
R 233 888 Annually
Recognising that diversity is important in achieving excellence, Rhodes University especially encourages South African members of designated groups to apply.
The purpose of this job is to support the Manager: Institutes and Contracts office of Research Finance in providing seamless financial administrative processes to support researchers and directors of Institutes and self-funded Units. Aspects would include: -
- Financial administrative support to researchers in academic departments and Institutes, who have been awarded various research grants and project funding.
- Timeous production of accurate financial reports, prepared on the basis on Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP) and International Accounting Standards (IAS), in accordance with funders specified requirements.
- Supporting the manager by implementing the various funding mechanisms and claiming cycle processes required in managing the various income streams.
- To keep abreast of VAT and Tax legislation, in order to ensure the correct vat treatment of externally funded projects, thereby maximising the cash-flows of research projects.
- Grade 12 or equivalent PLUS approximately 4 years relevant experience, where such experience must include:
- For additional information on the requirements, please refer to the Job Profile.
- It is essential that prospective candidates read the job profile relating to this post and ensure that all relevant documentation is submitted.
Closing Date: 5pm on 4th June 2018
If you are not contacted within 30 days from the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
- Previous experience in a pressurised accounting administrative environment where there were multiple demands and tight deadlines
- Previous experience in working in a computerised accounting environment.
- Previous experience in preparation of financial reports for audit and/or submission to external parties.
- Previous experience in research grant financial administration would be an advantage
- Studies towards a post matric or post matric qualification in a relevant field will an advantage
Vacancy Type: Permanent