PhD Studentship: Investigating turbulent mixing and the associated energetic costs of different com
The work will combine the analysis of data from an existing algae raceway with analytical and numerical models describing the transport of suspended solids in water. Data will be collected from an existing large-scale algae raceway in southern Spain to take advantage of high sunshine hours that allow high yields of algal biomass.
We are looking for highly motivated UK candidates with a strong background and interest in engineering hydraulics and fluid mechanics.
If you wish to discuss any details of the project informally, please contact Dr Gustavo de Almeida, Water and Environmental Engineering research group, Email: email@example.com.
Funding and Eligibility
This project is in competition with others for funding; the projects which receive the best applicants will be awarded a full studentship. This 3 year studentship covers home-rate tuition fees and provides an annual tax-free stipend at the standard EPSRC rate, which is £14,777 for 2018/19.
The funding is only available to UK citizens or EU citizens who have been resident in the UK for at least 3 years prior to the start of the studentship and not mainly for the purpose of receiving full-time education. For further guidance on funding, please contact PGRapply.FEE@soton.ac.uk
How to Apply
Click here to apply and select the programme - PhD in Engineering and the Environment. Please enter the title of the PhD Studentship in the application form.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Environmental Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom