PhD Studentship: Creating a miniaturised blood analysis system
The project is a collaboration with Leica microsystems, and part of the project will be to work closely with the company in order to benefit from their expertise in diagnostic systems and to direct the research to applications that will truly have impact on the well-being and health of people around the world.
The project will require you to acquire skills in a wide range of areas: microfluidic design, imaging, electronics, ultrasound and programming. A background in some of these would be ideal, but we can provide training to support whatever experience you bring. We are looking for an exceptional candidate who is able to learn additional skills as necessary.
If you wish to discuss any details of the project informally, please contact Peter Glynne-Jones, Mechatronics research group, Email: P.Glynne-Jones@soton.ac.uk, Tel: +44 (0) 2380 59 5769.
Funding and Eligibility
This project is in competition with others for funding; the projects which receive the best applicants will be awarded a full studentship. This 3 year studentship covers home-rate tuition fees and provides an annual tax-free stipend at the standard EPSRC rate, which is £14,777 for 2018/19.
The funding is only available to UK citizens or EU citizens who have been resident in the UK for at least 3 years prior to the start of the studentship and not mainly for the purpose of receiving full-time education. For further guidance on funding, please contact PGRapply.FEE@soton.ac.uk
How to Apply
Click here to apply and select the programme - PhD in Engineering and the Environment. Please enter the title of the PhD Studentship in the application form.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Environmental Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom