Director: Social Impact
- Strategic alignment and management of the Division for Social Impact;
- Advancing and facilitating internal partnerships between faculties and with PASS environments on behalf of the Division;
- Directly liaising with community leaders, representatives of local municipalities, as well as provincial governmental departments;
- The further implementation and expansion of the Social Impact Strategic Plan;
- The deliberate and strategic expansion of SU partners with a focus on Social Impact;
- Enhancing and broadening the role of Social Impact at SU with a focus on social innovation, expanding partnerships and increasing resources;
- Enhancing the relationship between Social Impact and other relevant structures within Higher Education Institutions and other relevant stakeholders.
- A relevant master’s degree;
- At least five years’ relevant management experience within Higher Education;
- Relevant experience in teaching and learning in the context of Higher Education;
- A proven research profile;
- A proven record of strategic management and the expansion of social impact initiatives;
- Strong interpersonal skills and language proficiency.
- A relevant PhD;
- Relevant experience in a simmilar management position;
- Proven experience in the development of service learning modules and short courses with a focus on Social Impact.
How To Apply
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Apply online by using the "Apply Now" link. Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Enquiries regarding job content: Dr Leslie van Rooi on 021 808 3697, or on email@example.com
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753