Research Fellow in Volcano Geophysics
Do you have a background in volcano geophysics?
Do you want to further your career in one of the UK’s leading research intensive Universities?
We are seeking a Post-doctoral Research Fellow to join the NERC Centre for the Observation and Modelling of Earthquakes, Volcanoes and Tectonics (COMET), and contribute to the major European research project EUROVOLC: European Network of Observatories and Research Infrastructures for Volcanology.We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly numerate scientist who will work on aspects of integrating deformation, seismicity and gas measurements at volcanoes, through physics-based modelling. Data from active volcanoes in Iceland and Italy will serve as case studies. There will be potential to develop research beyond this goal, depending on specific research outcomes or interests.You will work alongside other researchers in the EUROVOLC consortium, which aims to construct an integrated and harmonized European volcanological community and COMET, which is a world-leading centre for understanding tectonic and volcanic processes and hazards, through the integrated application of Earth observation data, ground-based measurements, and geophysical models. You will participate in all the project meetings and be expected to actively contribute to outreach and training activities as required. You will be expected to publish research papers and to present your research at national and international meetings.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact: Dr Andy Hooper Tel: +44 (0)113 343 37723, email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Environmental Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physics Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom