Lecturer: Computer Science - nGAP (Ref. NW08/172/0518) / Lektoraat: Rekenaarwetenskap - nGAP (Verw.
Mathematical Sciences: Computer Science
Lecturer: Computer Science - nGAP(Ref. NW08/172/0518)
The Department of Mathematical Sciences is responsible for teaching and research in mathematics, applied mathematics and computer science at Stellenbosch University. The Computer Science Division is keen to strengthen its research in existing active research groups, in particular machine learning, automata theory and natural language processing, software engineering, and program analysis. (More information is available on our webpage).The position is part of the nGAP initiative of the DHET.
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate Computer Science modules;
- Research and publication in any relevant area of Computer Science;
- Advising and supervising postgraduate students;
- Administrative roles on a rotational basis.
- PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or in Engineering or Statistics with a thesis topic in Computer Science or Data Science;
- A growing research profile in Computer Science or Data Science;
- Existing academic publication record in recognised journals or conference proceedings;
- Teaching experience in Computer Science (lecturer or teaching assistant at tertiary level, or graduate student supervision).
- Postdoctoral research experience;
- Demonstrable exceptional communication skills;
- Research focus in Theoretical Computer Science, Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Data Science, Programming Languages, Computer Networking, Databases, or Computer Graphics.
How To Apply
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online by using the apply online button below.
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates. Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Enquiries regarding job content: Prof B Fiischer on 021 808 2527 or at email@example.com
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa