ESIF Knowledge Exchange Fellow
The successful candidate will be expected to actively interact with industry project partner to accelerate the adoption and deployment of energy storage in smart grids. This post is funded by the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF)
- A PhD degree in Electrical Power Systems/Smart Grid (or a related discipline) or near the completion of a PhD degree.
- A good first degree (First or 2.1) in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Significant experience in power systems and smart grids modelling using RTDS (Real-time Power Grid Simulator).
- Essential experience in modelling of HVDC and/or FACTS using RTDS, developing testing bed for power system control, communications and computer networking, and interacting with power industry partners.
- Desirable experience in modelling of energy storage systems.
- Desirable experience in modellingFPGA programming for power system simulations and control
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines.
- Good project management skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Full time starting salary is normally in the range £29,799 to £38,832. With potential progression once in post to £41,212 a year.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physics Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom