Post-Doctoral Research Fellow - Design and Development of Cryogenic Storage Tanks -
First degree in Mechanical Engineering, materials science and a higher degree in mechanical engineering, materials science, or manufacturing engineering with a focus on Cryogenic storage and transportation would be advantageous.
High level analytical capability, with evidence of the application of engineering principles, including:
- Knowledge of characterising complex materials at cryogenic temperatures.
- Practical experience of tank design.
- Knowledge of the novel design methodologies in the development of innovative solutions (for example TRIZ).
- Knowledge of characterising the performance of cryogenic systems.
- Practical experience of tank design, as well as the ability to benchmark current systems for required needs.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly, including liaising with members of the public appropriately
- Experience in the design of bespoke test rigs
- Fluency in relevant models, techniques or methods and ability to contribute to developing new ones, including:
- Statistical analysis
- High level of programming experience with MATLAB, R and similar languages
- Knowledge and prior practice on the use of mathematical models and computational software relevant for the simulation of cryogenic fluidic behaviour, control and optimisation.
- Experience with relevant experimental techniques, including:
- observations of fluid flow and sloshing, boil off within the tank, engine operating times and fill frequencies.
- Ability to assess resource requirements and use resources effectively
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes
- Experience of giving guidance, support and advice to students on research related work including PhD students and decide the most appropriate method of providing this supervision.
- Experience of giving presentations and/or contributing to presentations at national and/or international conferences
- Experience of refereeing articles for peer-reviewed academic journals
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Art and Humanities Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom