Lecturer - Department of Taxation
DEPARTMENT OF TAXATION
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy. The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Lecturing in Taxation at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level;
- Academic administration and management;
- Supervising postgraduate students;
- Scientific research and publications in accredited academic journals.
- CA(SA) qualification; OR
- Master’s degree in Taxation that includes a research component;
- Relevant tertiary lecturing experience;
- Practical tax experience.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to effectively function in a group;
- Technical tax knowledge must be up to date with current legislation.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Experience in lecturing to and management of large student groups;
- Experience in blended learning practices;
- Exposure to guidance of postgraduate students research;
- Involvement in research activities;
- The potential to develop into a scholar in the discipline;
- Involvement in professional activities where applicable;
- Candidates should demonstrate the potential and willingness to obtain a doctoral qualification within a reasonable period after date of appointment.
As part of the selection process, shortlisted candidates will be required to prepare and present a simulated lecture and/or technical report to a screening panel.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 August 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.