4 days left
- Full Time
Faculty of Law Law ClinicCandidate Attorney (Two-year contract) (Ref. RG04/202/0618)
The Law Clinic operates as a fully-fledged attorneys' office, delivering free legal services to the indigent, whilst at the same time training final year law students and candidate attorneys in the practical application of the law.
- Enter into, and abide by, the required tripartite contract of service learning with a principal attorney and the Law Society. Duties include:Providing support to other practitioners within the firm on all aspects of legal practice;
- Assisting in the preparation of matters for trials or hearings;
- Conducting research and preparing legal opinions;
- Attending consultations with clients, witnesses and experts;
- Attending pre-trial conferences and trial proceedings;
- Liaising with counsel, experts, clients and opponents;
- Attending to the day-to-day management of files under the supervision of other lawyers;
- Drafting agreements, letters and other legal documents;
- Conducting other daily legal practices.
- An LLB qualification;
- A valid driver's licence;
- Strong legal writing skills;
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Ability to function effectively within a multicultural environment.
The ability to communicate in IsiXhosa.
How To Apply
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Apply online by using the "Apply Now" link. Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates. Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed. Enquiries regarding job content: Dr Theo Broodryk on 021 808 3599 or at email@example.com. Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753