Senior System Administrator (MS)
Ref. IT/193/0618 (2 posts)
The incumbent will form part of a team responsible for administrating and developing various systems within the Information Technology environment. This is a dynamic environment where skills can be developed and tasks are assigned as the need changes.At present, there are opportunities within the Microsoft, storage and virtualisation environments. Please note that the level of appointment and remuneration will be negotiated in line with experience.
- Installation, daily maintenance and monitoring of Computer Systems and Servers at Stellenbosch University. (This position may from time to time require after hours system maintenance).
- National Senior Certificate at least meeting pass requirements for a Diploma;
- A degree/diploma with three years’ relevant experience, or a relevant IT certificate with six years’ relevant experience, or eight years’ relevant experience;
- Already a System Administrator working with server software;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows as operating system;
- Relevant Microsoft or VMware system administration experience;
- Solve problems innovatively;
- Proven analytical skills;
- A high level of accuracy;
- Sound verbal and written communication skills in Afrikaans or English;
- The ability to work both in a team as well as independently;
- Outstanding interpersonal relations;
- The ability to take the lead in field of expertise;
- The ability to transfer knowledge to peers. Candidates may be subjected to aptitude, psychometric and proficiency tests.he successful candidate will be required to accept and sign the SU-system administrator code of conduct.
- Any other IT related industry qualifications;
- Any IT related degree or diploma;
- Detail experience with Linux as operating system;
- Experienced in creating and debugging Linux or Powershell Scripts;
- Experience with VMware software;
- Experience with disk space management;
- Experience with the use and administration of an HPC.
How To Apply
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Apply online by using the "Apply Now" link. Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Enquiries regarding job content: Mr. APC Nieuwoudt on 021 808 4288, or at email@example.comEnquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753