Post-Doctoral Research Fellow - Design and Development of Cryogenic Storage Tanks
To create and contribute to the creation of knowledge by undertaking a specified range of activities with the Newton Fund - UK-India Research and Innovation Bridges Competition for Collaborative R&D funded project. Dearman Liquid Air TRU Systems for Cold Chain in India is an exciting research programme that aims to address the urgent need for green transport refrigeration technology in India using novel Dearman clean, cold and power technology.
- First degree in Mechanical Engineering, materials science and a higher degree in mechanical engineering, materials science, or manufacturing engineering with a focus on Cryogenic storage and transportation would be advantageous.
- High level analytical capability, with evidence of the application of engineering principles, including:
- Knowledge of characterising complex materials at cryogenic temperatures.
- Practical experience of tank design.
- Knowledge of the novel design methodologies in the development of innovative solutions (for example TRIZ).
- Knowledge of characterising the performance of cryogenic systems.
- Practical experience of tank design, as well as the ability to benchmark current systems for required needs.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly, including liaising with members of the public appropriately
- Experience in the design of bespoke test rigs
- Fluency in relevant models, techniques or methods and ability to contribute to developing new ones, including:
- Statistical analysis
- High level of programming experience with MATLAB, R and similar languages
- Knowledge and prior practice on the use of mathematical models and computational software relevant for the simulation of cryogenic fluidic behaviour, control and optimisation.
- • Experience with relevant experimental techniques, including:
- observations of fluid flow and sloshing, boil off within the tank, engine operating times and fill frequencies.
- Ability to assess resource requirements and use resources effectively
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes
- Experience of giving guidance, support and advice to students on research related work including PhD students and decide the most appropriate method of providing this supervision.
- Experience of giving presentations and/or contributing to presentations at national and/or international conferences
- Experience of refereeing articles for peer-reviewed academic journals
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom