Trainee Nursing Technician
Aga Khan University (AKU) was chartered in 1983 as Pakistan's first private international university. Its Faculty of Health Sciences was planned with the support of Harvard University, McGill University and McMaster University, and presently includes a Medical College and a School of Nursing, which are located together with their principal teaching site, the Aga Khan University Hospital, on an 84-acre campus in Karachi, Pakistan.
AKU invites applications for the position of Trainee Nursing Technician.
This course provides an excellent foundation in developing skills and knowledge required to work as Technician in inpatient areas. This Traineeship is a six-month programme consisting of three months of theory and clinical and three months of clinical preceptorship. Upon successful completion of the traineeship, you will be responsible for:
- working under the supervision of Registered Nurse in patient care areas with responsibility to measure and record vital signs
- monitoring and interpreting report (for e.g. ECG)
- managing the availability of supplies for certain special procedures
- assisting Physician/Registered Nurse in performing special procedures Providing hygiene care to patients
- performing simple dressing and simple test in patient for e.g. blood sugar monitoring, etc.
- reporting abnormalities to the supervisor (if any) for necessary action to be taken in a timely manner.
You should have:
- Intermediate in any discipline, with Matric Science in Biology
- at least two years of quality experience as Health Care Assistant with the reputable hospital (Preferred)
- willingness to pursue career as Technician
- willingness to work in shift duties
- good communication skills both in English and Urdu.