Operations Officer, Work Experience
The post holder will need to be proactive and have the necessary confidence and significant experience of office administration to enable them to provide high quality operational support to the work experience team
- Ability to prioritise work, to work under pressure, and to meet deadlines
- Well-developed organisational abilities and systematic approach.
- Evidence of a “Can do” approach and the ability to remain calm and resolve problems
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal and the ability to adapt to a diverse range of client groups (students, employers, academics).
- A good level of initiative and a capacity to work independently.
- Excellent keyboard competence and proven experience of software packages including Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Ability to adapt to change and develop services to meet changing needs
- Proven ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to work accurately and with great attention to detail, particularly with data
- Educated to “A” level standard with a minimum of 5 GCSE at grade C or above including English and Mathematics
- An understanding of higher education and experience of working in an office environment preferably in an education context.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation relating to employability e.g. data protection, disability support, recruitment practices
- Experience of updating webpages
As part of the Careers Network’s (CN) Work Experience team and Operations team, this postholder will be responsible for:
- Undertaking administrative tasks and responding to enquiries regarding CN’s suite of internship/bursary programmes (e.g. University of Birmingham Global Challenge, University of Birmingham UK Professional), including responsibility for applications, arranging interviews and processing payments to successful students.
- Providing high quality administrative support to the work experience/internship members of the team. Undertaking a range of administrative tasks, arranging meetings, preparing materials and data collection
- Providing operational support for the analysis of the annual career readiness survey
- Providing support to the Assistant Director, Operations and Enhancement with collation of feedback, evaluation of service provision and ad hoc involvement with CN activities.