Operations Manager: Small Business Academy
- Academic support:
Providing support for training, mentorship, continuous development and research activities; secretariat for committee meetings; providing guidance to SBA coordinators; providing support for the selection of candidates for development programmes; compiling of information for manuals and reports; capturing of marks;
- Marketing, recruitment and stakeholder liaising:
Coordinating the recruitment of participants for Development Programmes (including marketing and open days); marketing the Growth Initiative and other activities; SBA publicity; liaising with alumni, sponsors, trainers, mentors and other stakeholders;
- Logistics and events management:
Planning activities; events coordination; logistical arrangements (accommodation, flights, additional support);
Academic records; financial administration.
- An appropriate Honours degree in business management;
- Three years' experience of events management and logistics;
- Four years' experience in stakeholder relations;
- Excellent writing abilities;
- A valid driver's licence;
- Willingness to travel independently to Eastern Cape and other parts of Southern Africa;
- Willingness and availability to work outside normal office hours.
- The ability to work on several projects simultaneously and independently;
- Strong communication skills (written and stakeholder relations management skills);
- Strong planning and coordination skills;
- Administrative, supervision and time management skills;
- Energetic personality and the ability to solve problems proactively.
Three years' experience of academic administration.
Enquiries regarding job content: Dr Marietjie Theron-Wepener on 021 918 4224, or at email@example.com
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753
Closing date: 27 June 2018
Commencement date: 1 August 2018