Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor (One post) - Department of Informatics
4 days left
- Full Time
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Active participation and leadership in the research agenda of the Department;
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in Informatics;
- Departmental administrative tasks.
- A Doctorate in Informatics/Business Information Systems/Information Technology;
- Publications in accredited journals and/or conferences;, Active in postgraduate supervision;
- Industry experience especially within the field of Business Programming.
Associate Professor (Same as for Senior Lecturer, plus):
- National recognition as a researcher.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- In-depth knowledge of business programming.
CLOSING DATE: 28 June 2018,
ENQUIRIES: Prof Carina de Villiers, Tel: (012) 420 3798, Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 August 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.